1 head broccoli, florets cut into large pieces and stalk peeled and cut into rounds
Salt and black pepper to taste
& cup fresh lemon juice 2 tbsp gomashio
1. Fill a saucepan with 1 inch of water. Add broccoli and a pinch of salt. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to medium heat. Remove from heat when bright green, approximately 6-8 minutes.
2. Mix tahini with lemon juice. Add enough water to thin the sauce consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over steamed broccoli. Sprinkle with gomashio.
CRETAN SPICED TUNA
FOR THE CRETAN SPICE MIX
1 tsp cumin seeds 1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds 3 cardamom pods
10 whole black peppercorns
2 tbsp blended oil
(90% canola/10% extra-virgin)
1*2 to 1% lb ahi tuna loin, cut into 4 steaks
Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice and extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
1. Toast Cretan spice mix ingredients in a 350 oven or toaster oven for 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a spice grinder and grind to a powder.
2. In a large skillet, warm blended oil over medium-high heat. Season tuna on both sides with salt and pepper. Dust all sides (including the edges) generously with Cretan spice mix.
3. Sear tuna for about 2 minutes, turn over, reduce heat, and cook for 116-2 minutes more, depending on preference. Rest for 2-3 minutes.
4. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.